What is this page?
Download the CD/DVD cover part you chose and see what other parts are available for this title. You can also rate this cover quality, watch related videos, listen to similar artists and many more.
If you like this cover you can share it with your friends by clicking the Email this link under the download button.
Call of Duty: World at War (2008) Retail DVD
Call of Duty returns, and to many people’s surprise, it’s going back to World War II. While original series creators Infinity Ward brought the series into the modern day, developer Treyarch are setting out to make the definitive historical first-person shooter.
|The Soviet attack on Berlin features intensemore… street battles|
|Take on the Japanese navy as you board a U.S. flying boat|
|World at War features the most realistic fire effects ever|
|The new ability to swim adds to both the story and multiplayer modes|
The game is primarily set in the Pacific theatre and has a much more realistic, violent tone requiring less-linear game play than previous Call of Duty installments. You'll struggle to survive Japanese attacks without mastering new gaming skills, like swimming or how to use a flamethrower--a weapon that packs some punch in the fully destructable game world.
Also featured is a campaign on the Eastern front, where you take control of a soldier in the Soviet Red Army during the attack on Berlin in the closing stages of the war. The game also includes the series’ first co-op mode, while the competitive multiplayer mode aims to build upon the achievements of Call of Duty 4 and add to the game’s longevity.
- Dual campaigns: Fight in two very different World War II battles. Take on the Japanese Imperial army in the Pacific, and liberate Berlin as part of the Soviet Red Army.
- Grim realities: Experience the most bloody and realistic combat ever seen in the series, as you witness enemy atrocities and wield horrific new weapons such as the flamethrower.
- Job with benefits: Revamped competitive multiplayer mode features useable vehicles and an expanded perks system from Call of Duty 4.
- Brothers in arms: For the first time, a Call of Duty game features a four-player co-operative mode that’s playable online or via a split screen option on the same console.
- Modern graphics: The game uses an enhanced version of the Call of Duty 4 graphics engine, with wood that splinters realistically when shot and fires that spread organically.
One of publisher Activision’s biggest internal studios, Treyarch have worked on many of the company’s best known titles, from the Spider-Man movie tie-ins and spin-offs to several of the Call of Duty sequels and the new James Bond game, Quantum of Solace.
- Call of Duty: World at War (2008) Retail DVD
- 3240 x 2175 px
- 3,468 KB
- 1450 (0 today)
- 30/11/08 by bki
- Quality Rating:
Rated 5 of 5 (2 votes). Click CDs to vote!