Welcome to the AllCDCovers Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 07-Jun-2011, 21:57
Head Administrator

Nav has disabled reputation
Lightbulb AllCDCovers Releases A New, Faster and Better API System for All Users !!!

AllCDCovers is proud to announce about the re-launch of our new faster and better API system with more space and bandwidth for non commercial purposes.

AllCDCovers is more than just a Free CD Covers download website of the latest Music, Movies and Video Games CD & DVD covers, We strive to bring you the ultimate user experience with a friendly interface and a complete music, movies and video games information. Check out our API page for more information and instructions.

Here are our term of use : Our API provides direct access only to cover thumbnails and the titles 168x168 product image. In order to download the high resolution cover your users will have to visit our download page.

And here is a short explanation of what an API is : An API (An application programming interface), is a particular set of rules and specifications that software programs can follow to communicate with each other. It serves as an interface between different software programs and facilitates their interaction, similar to the way the user interface facilitates interaction between humans and computers.
“An API can be created for applications, libraries, operating systems, etc., as a way of defining their ‘vocabularies’ and resources request conventions (e.g. function-calling conventions).”
“It may include specifications for routines, data structures, object classes, and protocols used to communicate between the consumer program and the implementer program of the API,”

You can always go browse our album art collection and download your favorite CD cover. However, for many people this new API application provides a solution where there is a lack of album art for applications, software, media players, websites, individuals and many more. “We stock the best quality covers online and the only one that have the back, inside and inlay covers where all the rest only have the front page and maybe the cd cover,”
For further information, please contact me at : [email protected]

Nav, Admin.
AllCDCovers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg api1.jpg (50.2 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg apiLogo.jpg (127.3 KB, 58 views)
File Type: gif root api.gif (14.8 KB, 54 views)
Old 29-Jan-2014, 07:33

paul-h is on a distinguished road

Anybody using the API?

I don't see a lot of discussion about it so wondering if it doesn't actually work.

I've been trying to get an API key for nearly 4 weeks now so I can try it for myself but no one seems to want to know.

Just interested to know if anyone is using the API so I know it is worth persevering to get the key.
Old 05-Mar-2014, 10:07

deery5000 is on a distinguished road

Hi Paul,

Ive recently signed up and have implemented a working solution in Vb.net. Id be willing to share a code sample for those looking to use

the solution has not been implemented within my application "moVee 8" as the integration has not been fully tested yet but will be available soon

I do have 1 negative thing to say about the api . . .

Images supplied are at a low resolution (164 x 164) i believe thus rendering the "Back" covers impossible for the user to read or even see correctly

CD, Front etc are fine but also the cd covers are that little bit small.

Nav if your reading this and you marginally increase the size of the images to actually make the api useable within 3rd party applications.

Kevin
Old 05-Mar-2014, 14:57

Its a real shame . .

I cannot use the CD jpg from the api because all the backgrounds are white. If these were transparent it would be the best api ever.

So , i cannot use back covers simply because there too small and i cannot use the CD cover as the backgrounds are white, i guess that just leaves the posters . . . sigh (there small too)

Maybe an alternative api is in order . . .
Old 05-Mar-2014, 23:22

It's encouraging that it's working for you

I did finally get a key but it doesn't work. I keep getting 'Hash provided does not match request parameters' even though the script produces the same hash as the example if I substitute the demo user and key.

I'm using python on linux so your code will likely not help.

I'd love to be proved wrong but I think I've got a better chance of winning the lottery that getting a reply from NAV. He never replies to PM's or emails
Old 11-Mar-2014, 16:52

Hi Paul,

I came across the same issue and by chance i relolved it

'GENERATE HASH (SECRET KEY + MOVIE NAME
Dim hash_Query = generateMD5_Hash("Your Key Here" & movieName)

'CALL THE REQUEST FROM ALLCDCOVER
Dim response = httpRequest("http://www.allcdcovers.com/api/search/apiuser/" & hash_Query & "/" & movieName)

As you can see from this small snippet, when i generate my hash i must pass my unique key and the movie name, then when i make the request to the server i pass the movie name again to the end of the string

looks like a bug in the api to be honest, couldnt get additional filtering to work either so i parse the xml and extract what i need

To reiterate, the api is not usable unless your developing a mobile app. Images are simply too small.

Old 11-Mar-2014, 21:22

Hi Kevin

Thanks for the reply.

I had another look but I was already adding the search term to the hash so that wasn't the problem. In my case I wanted to only search for music covers so I added /music to the end of the url as indicated in the api docs but that seems to cause the search to always fail with the 'Hash provided does not match request parameters' error. If I remove the category filter it does work though. So as you say the api is badly broken

Even if it did work the size of the covers are too small to be of any practical use so it would require further steps to get the full size image.
Old 11-Mar-2014, 21:37

Hi Paul ,

Im glad to hear that someone other than I sees the non practicality of the of small imagery.

I do believe the api has bags of potential however for now its just no usable in my case at this point In time.

Have you started developing you music application ?

Id be happy to install and give you a review. If you want to take a punt at mine jump over to softpedia or sourceforge and search for moVee 8.

If I post the url, it will go off to nav for approval
Old 11-Mar-2014, 22:02

I'm one of the devs on the MythTV project. We're more of a digital video recorder but we also have a video browser similar to what you are working on. I'm sure we could steal a few ideas though
Old 11-Mar-2014, 23:19

haha take what you need, if I can assist in any way let me know