Welcome to the AllCDCovers Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 09-Nov-2012, 00:12
Head Administrator

Nav has disabled reputation
Cool AllCDCovers November 2012 CDCovers Special Upload Contest

We are very happy to announce about our Special AllCDCovers November 2012 CDCovers Upload Contest, Where our top uploaders of CD and DVD covers will be rewarded with our monthly great prizes.

This month we have decided to mix it up and give all our devoted uploaders a chance to win a prize. So only uploaders that have not won a prize this year are eligible to win a prize. You are of course more than welcome to continue uploading and support the site, even if you can't win.

Extra points will be given to uploaders who will fulfill open requests and rate covers as detailed below.

AllCDCovers November 2012 CDCovers Upload Contest will have 10 Prizes !!!

Prizes will be announced next week.

Like previous contests, your score and ranking will be determined by several factors where extra points will be given to users who fulfill requests and actively participate in the site according to the following table :

•Approved upload : 50 points
•Request fully satisfied : 50 points
•Request partially satisfied : 25 points
•Bonus for fulfilling popular request : 10 points
•Rating a cover: 1 point

The contest is open to all registered members of the site ( registration is of course free ) and prizes will be shipped worldwide. All you need to do in order to participate is upload your CD or DVD covers and fulfill open requests.

You can track the status of your uploads in your user page ( the link with your user name at the top of the page ) as well as your overall rank at our statistics page.
Old 09-Nov-2012, 16:12
Administrator

ssvril is on a distinguished road

great idea and nice contest!
great reward for all those who upload covers all year round. but fail to win against the usual 4 or 5 uploader professionals.

I hate the uploader professionals, many times not to do scans, but they are only quick to take it from other sites!

I say this with knowledge of the facts because I am one of them!

So what? Well I hate me, it's the truth.

apart from the crap I say every now and then, get busy!

upload! upload! upload!

many great prizes this month!!!
Old 09-Nov-2012, 23:54

Dec Starr is on a distinguished road

If I ever successfully upload any DVD movie covers I might try this competition, but at the moment I cannot seem to upload successfully. Any help gratfully excepted.

See U soon

Dec Starr
Old 10-Nov-2012, 21:59

pontiacc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssvril View Post
great idea and nice contest! ...........

Well, what an interesting idea! But, may be, it would be better to count the score from the whole year and not only from November. This would lead to appreciate the uploaders who were uploading on the allcdcovers during the whole year and not only during one single month. To your remark about professional uploaders, I don't think that the majority of them only copy the covers from other web pages. They have other sources, as well, among which some are dangerous or payed and I know that the adaptation of those covers takes a lot of time too.
Old 11-Nov-2012, 02:30
Administrator

but it takes into account the uploaders "who throughout the years have never won anything".

if I'm not mistaken you get a premium one month and one not ........... and if there was a rule that you can not take a prize every month .........'d take a prize each month. is not it?

regarding where the "uploader professional" take the covers ........... tell me how many CDs you buy each month and how many scans do you do?

I can show you photos of my original CDs and even purchase receipts online.

I have about 2600 cd and vinyl ............. not to mention the thousands of lossless album with covers download in years of frequenting sites lossless.

if I had time, I could upload almost any new albums coming out every day.

I tried to "put in the middle of" my wife to cut the covers to upload ......... but does not work. I first scan (when I make an album lossless for sites I frequent) and cut right to upload for allcdcovers.

ultimately it is faster to take from other sites and put on allcdcovers. this is the truth and I do not think you do differently.

Old 13-Nov-2012, 11:36
Metal cover maniac

Horex2 is on a distinguished road

No noooo ssvril....it´s not true what You say....many covers are from my collection and no from CP or other pages!!! I spend a lot of time to work on this covers!!
Old 13-Nov-2012, 12:36
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horex2 View Post
No noooo ssvril....it´s not true what You say....many covers are from my collection and no from CP or other pages!!! I spend a lot of time to work on this covers!!
your scanned collection?

the concept does not change even if you've downloaded years ago.
Old 13-Nov-2012, 16:37
Super Moderator

babalusi is on a distinguished road

I think this is a 3D about AllCDCovers November 2012 CDCovers Special Upload Contest not about a ssvril Vs Horex2 Vs pontiacc contest

my two cents
Old 13-Nov-2012, 16:50
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by babalusi View Post
I think this is a 3D about AllCDCovers November 2012 CDCovers Special Upload Contest not about a ssvril Vs Horex2 Vs pontiacc contest

my two cents
is only a constructive debate not a fight!!!

and in any case this month you overcome even if I do not win anything.

however, I understand what you mean. I was wrong. if you believe that it is right to delete posts. are off-topic.
Old 10-Dec-2012, 23:09
Super Moderator

Boyracer is on a distinguished road

it's been 10 day's now and no prize